This series introduces attendees to the key skills and workflows needed to create original records in MARC 21 format. These webinars are designed for individuals who have prior training or experience with copy cataloging practices. Attendees are strongly encouraged to have access to their preferred cataloging software during these presentations.
Attendees of these sessions will have the opportunity to…
- Review key terms and resources to support original cataloging
- Explore tools and tactics to streamline original cataloging workflows
- Practice searching for and modifying records to examine possible workflows
- Individuals are encouraged to have access to their cataloging software while taking this course, if possible.
- Individuals are encouraged to have access to materials they are working to catalog and have questions about.
The second session in our newest Fundamentals of Cataloging series will focus on the wide variety of tools that can be used to simplify original cataloging processes.
Attendees will have the chance to explore both software-specific options and general tactics, including but not limited to...
- OCLC derive function
- Constant data/templates
- Copying records
- Text strings
- Formatting issues and fixes
OhioNET members can register at no cost using the button above.
Not an OhioNET member? Please head to www.eventbrite.com/ohn-intro-to-original-cat-2 to complete registration and payment for non-members.
|OhioNET members||$ 0.00|