This series introduces attendees to the key skills and workflows needed to create original records in MARC 21 format. These webinars are designed for individuals who have prior training or experience with copy cataloging practices. Attendees are strongly encouraged to have access to their preferred cataloging software during these presentations.
Attendees of these sessions will have the opportunity to…
- Review key terms and resources to support original cataloging
- Explore tools and tactics to streamline original cataloging workflows
- Practice searching for and modifying records to examine possible workflows
- Individuals are encouraged to have access to their cataloging software while taking this course, if possible.
- Individuals are encouraged to have access to materials they are working to catalog and have questions about.
The final session in our newest Fundamentals of Cataloging series will focus on best practices, including advice on managing record creation in local and shared cataloging.
Attendees will explore freely available training resources and options for finding sample records. This session will include ample time for demonstration and practice.
OhioNET members can register at no cost using the button above.
Not an OhioNET member? Please head to www.eventbrite.com/ohn-intro-to-original-cat-3 to complete registration and payment for non-members.
|OhioNET members||$ 0.00|