This webinar series provides a solid overview of how to plan, execute, and assess a digitization project. If you’re new to digitization or are still thinking about how to get started, this series will lay the groundwork you need to create a successful project.
Our webinar leaders will walk through all the pieces you need to think about, from factors to consider before you make your first scan, to the steps (and tools) required for completing archival quality scans, to storage and organization options that provide the best access for your users.
Attendees of this webinar series will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to define a project’s scope and goals (including factors like costs and funding options)
- Discuss the selection and preparation of materials for digitization (including potential roadblocks)
- Examine a variety of tools and options for digitization (including details of creating an archival-quality scan like resolution, bit depth, and file types)
- Explore access and storage issues (including the importance of metadata)
- Talk about assessing the success of a project and planning for the future
Previous sessions in this series got you started on your digitization project: from selecting materials to choosing the right tools. But now that you’ve scanned it, will they come? Help ensure that the huge investment of time and resources involved with any digitization project brings the reward you hoped for and more.
This final session in our three-part series will provide tips on making your materials accessible and on measuring your project’s outcomes.
Attendees of this session will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss storage and organization options
- Weigh the importance of metadata
- Learn how clear planning enables easy assessment
- Examine best practices for planning for the future of your collections
OhioNET members can register at no cost using the button above.
Not an OhioNET member? Please head to www.eventbrite.ohn-digitization-basics-3 to complete registration and payment for non-members.
|OhioNET members||$ 0.00|